Eman Secrets - Episode 1 - Extended Experience Information

KhalidOmar

Re: Eman Secrets - Episode 1 - Extended Experience Information

Post by KhalidOmar »

Qucik answer is No.

Explaination: Experience data are good and used up to the depth they were searched before. If you have experience moves with depth 10 then those moves will be used and will be useful up to depth 10. IF the engine is able to reach depth 11 and above then it is will ignore those experience moves. This means you can use experience file built from Bullet games to play Blitz games. You will see some improvement, but of course, have experience built from Blitz or higher TC is better.

The most important thing to consider for experience data is the Book; it is best to build experience data for the same book always so that you book exit points will always have something in the experience file. IF you keep changing your books then your experience file will still contain many moves for positions that will never be reached. In this case you will be losing speed as the engine is probing the experience file and finding nothing!
marxk19

Post by marxk19 »

Experience file POPCNT,will work with the BMI2 engine?
Kevin
Site Admin

Post by Kevin »

Yes it should, I have had no problems with using same exp.
moonstonelight

Post by moonstonelight »

KhalidOmar wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:38 am Qucik answer is No.

Explaination: Experience data are good and used up to the depth they were searched before. If you have experience moves with depth 10 then those moves will be used and will be useful up to depth 10. IF the engine is able to reach depth 11 and above then it is will ignore those experience moves. This means you can use experience file built from Bullet games to play Blitz games. You will see some improvement, but of course, have experience built from Blitz or higher TC is better.

The most important thing to consider for experience data is the Book; it is best to build experience data for the same book always so that you book exit points will always have something in the experience file. IF you keep changing your books then your experience file will still contain many moves for positions that will never be reached. In this case you will be losing speed as the engine is probing the experience file and finding nothing!
Hi,
If the Session's Depth is higher than experience depth, does Eman ignores Full Experience Algorithm or just that position's experience?
Anyway Eman 5.50's exp and expex commands are not working. I sent an email about it but I am not sure you received that. I hope you'll fix it.
Best Regards...
Kevin
Site Admin

Post by Kevin »

Hi,
If the Session's Depth is higher than experience depth, does Eman ignores Full Experience Algorithm or just that position's experience?
Anyway Eman 5.50's exp and expex commands are not working. I sent an email about it but I am not sure you received that. I hope you'll fix it.
Best Regards...
It works for me with 5.50

Did you use the command setoption name Experience file value Eman.exp before using expex
moonstonelight

Post by moonstonelight »

Kevin wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:28 am
Hi,
Best Regards...
It works for me with 5.50

Did you use the command setoption name Experience file value Eman.exp before using expex
Yes, with setoption, it is working. But in older versions it worked as default.
KhalidOmar

Post by KhalidOmar »

moonstonelight wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:10 pm Yes, with setoption, it is working. But in older versions it worked as default.
You are right, this is due to the delayed initialization feature which will only load the exp file before a game starts unless you use the setoption command to force loading it
KhalidOmar

Post by KhalidOmar »

KhalidOmar wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:36 pm
moonstonelight wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:10 pm Yes, with setoption, it is working. But in older versions it worked as default.
You are right, this is due to the delayed initialization feature which will only load the exp file before a game starts unless you use the setoption command to force loading it
Hi, I will fix this problem in 5.70 so that you don't need to write setoption command before expex or exp