GUI error

Here post questions relating to the GUI
marudam

GUI error

Post by marudam » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:07 am

Last time when i try to load CTG engine via option playing mode > select CTG engine i get this error:

Code: Select all

The value '1' is not a valid value for 'Value'. The 'Value' should be in the range 'Minimum' to 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   w System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   w App.Win.DefineCTGEngine..ctor(Game game, Boolean isOnlineMode, Boolean isPermanentBrain, Boolean isWhite)
   w App.Win.PlayingMode.btnDefineCtgEngine_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
I hopes that reinstall client resolve problem but still.

KhalidOmar

Re: GUI error

Post by KhalidOmar » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:25 pm

Hello, I have created a tool long time ago to use as an alternate CTG book adapter. I meant to publish this tool online but I was too lazy to provide documentation for it.

I hope I can give you the minimum instructions to help you use with InfinityChess (or any other GUI)
  1. Download the tool from: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18-5MdV ... sp=sharing
  2. Extract somewhere.
  3. Rename the exe called EngineNameHere.exe to the actual name you want to call your engine. I personally suggest using same (original) engine name plus "-CTG" as postfix. Example, if you are using Eman 4.20 64-bit BMI2.exe then I suggest renaming this exe to Eman 4.20 64-bit BMI2-CTG.exe. IMPORTANT: This exe is not an engine, it is the Adapter that will connect your real engine to Aquarium book adapter
  4. Rename the file called EngineNameHere.exe.config to match the engine exe name in step(3) and make sure to keep the ".config" part. Example: If your exe name from the last step is Eman 4.20 64-bit BMI2-CTG.exe then the config file name should be Eman 4.20 64-bit BMI2-CTG.exe.config (notice that .exe is part of the name, this is important)
  5. Edit the config file from step(4) and change the lines:

Code: Select all

<add key="UciEngine" value="C:\Path\To\Engine.exe"/>
    <add key="CtgAdapter" value="C:\Path\To\AquariumBookAdapter.exe"/>

to replace the text C:\Path\To\Engine.exe with the actual full path to your engine exe. Also change C:\Path\To\AquariumBookAdapter.exe to the full path of AquariumBookAdapter.exe which is part of the zip file you downloaded in step(1)
    Do not change anything else!
  6. Go inside the folder AquariumBookAdapter\Config\TreeConfig and edit the file called My_CTG_Book1.xml. Replace every occurrence of C:\Path\To\My_CTG_Book1.ctg with the actual full path to your CTG file. I advise you to use the built-in search-and-replace feature of the text editor to do this which you can trigger by hitting CTRL+H (works with most text editors)
  7. Install the exe from step(3) in the GUI and test. It should start playing from the CTG.
  8. Once no more moves are found in the CTG, then the configured engine in step(5) will start thinking
Of course, there is more to the story, but I'm too lazy to document it now! I will later add full and detailed documentation in Eman website under this section
For information about Eman engine, check http://eman.zohosites.com

marudam

Re: GUI error

Post by marudam » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:56 am

well i think its just database error ,which database you are using mariadb posgresql ,mysql its look like this error apears from bad settings signed account in your database server for client.So please clear some settings for my account in your database it should help.
To be strict i dont change any settings for my client this error just apear someday and its must be server side error.